General Discussion

Coordinator
Apr 22, 2007 at 7:31 AM
This is an open discussion for all issues related to the CAML.NET approach.
Aug 13, 2007 at 2:35 PM
Looks nice...do you plan to upload the source-code?
Coordinator
Aug 13, 2007 at 3:59 PM
I'm evaluating whether to release the source code versus continuing the development myself. What are your thoughts?
Sep 22, 2007 at 4:37 AM
There are many benefits of releasing the source-code, such as new ideas, community ownership, extensibility, recognition, bug tracking. I think the major "failing" of SmartPart (whilst a good solution at the time) is that it's black-box and lacks flexibility: I now simply do a "load control" myself and avoid the pitfalls.

(and you can always pick a GPL-style license if you're worried about people using your stuff in commerical products).

How's the designer coming along? :)
Coordinator
Sep 22, 2007 at 6:05 AM
I've decided to upload the source here to keep the momentum going and to support the developer community. If you’d like to contribute to the project, just let me know.

As for the CAML query designer, I’m adding a few things and writing the documentation and other supporting guidance. I’m targeting mid October to have something available for people to start using.
Jan 6, 2009 at 9:54 AM
Hi there,

Thank you for this great help in creating CAML queries. You might wanna add this rule to the CAML.cs:

public static string FieldRef(string fieldName, bool lookupId) { return Tag(Resources.FieldRef, null, new object[] { "LookupId", lookupId ? "TRUE" : "FALSE", Resources.Name, SafeIdentifier(fieldName) }); }

Comes in handy when you want to search a lookupfield by id instead of text(which tmho should be the default for lookup fields).

Cheers,

Wes